Overview of Paddle Wheel flow sensor 515
The Model 515 sensors are offered in a variety of materials for a wide range of pipe sizes and insertion configurations. The many material choices include PP and PVDF make this model highly versatile and chemically compatible to many liquid process solutions. Sensors can be installed in up to DN900 (36 in.) pipes using Signet’s comprehensive line of custom fittings which include tees, saddles, and weldolets, set the sensor to the proper insertion depth into the process flow. The sensors are also offered in configurations for wet-tap and intrinsically safe installation requirements.
Simple to install with time honored reliable performance, Model 515 Rotor-X paddle wheel flow sensors are highly repeatable, rugged sensors that offer exceptional value with little or no maintenance. The output signal of the Model 515 is a sinusoidal frequency capable of driving a self-powered flowmeter (Model 5090). The wide dynamic flow range of 0.3 to 6 m/s (1 to 20 ft/s) allows the sensor to measure liquid flow rates in full pipes and can be used in low pressure systems.
Paddle wheel flow sensor features
- Operating range: 0.3 to 6 m/s, 1 to 20 ft/s
- Simple, economical design
- Installs into pipe sizes: DN15 to DN900, 0.5 to 36 in
- Max Pressure rating: PP 12.5 bar @ 20 °C, 180 psi @ 68 °F PVDF 14 bar @ 20 °C, 200 psi @ 68 °F
- Power source: Self powered
- Highly repeatable output
- Chemically resistant materials
- Compatibility: 8150, 8900, 9900, 9900-1BC, 9950
- *Only Signet installation fittings