Overview of Conductivity Sensor 2850
The Signet 2850 Conductivity/Resistivity Sensor Electronics are available in various conﬁgurations for maximum installation ﬂexibility. The universal mount version is for pipe, wall, or tank mounting and enables single or dual (digital versions only) inputs using any standard Signet conductivity/resistivity sensor. The threaded j-box version can be used with these same Signet sensors for submersible sensor mounting. It is also available as a combined integral system conﬁguration for in-line mounting and includes a conductivity electrode in a choice of 0.01, 0.1, 1.0,10.0 or 20.0 cm-1 cell constants. The 2850 is ideal for applications with a conductivity range of 0.055 to 400,000 μS or a resistivity range of 18.2 MΩ to 10 kΩ.
All 2850 units are available with a digital (S3L) output, or a single 4 to 20 mA. The digital (S3L) output version can be paired with the 9900 or 9950 Transmitter to extend the distance between the measuring points to 120 m (400 ft).
The 8900 Multi-Parameter Controller allows for up to six 2850 (S3L) output conductivity sensors to be used with the Signet 8900 Multi-Parameter Controller. All 2850 units are built with NEMA 4X/IP65 enclosures which allow output wiring connections with long cable runs of up to 305 m (1,000 ft).
The two-wire 4 to 20mA output version is available with eight 4 to 20 mA output ranges for each electrode cell constant. Each range can be inverted and is ﬁeld selectable.
EasyCal is a standard feature that automatically recognizes conductivity test solution values for simple ﬁeld calibration. A certiﬁcation tool is available for validation of the sensor electronics according to USP requirements.
Conductivity Sensor system Features
- Test certificate supplied with all sensors
- Custom cell constant programmed into the electronics
- Integral mount systems for quick and easy installation
- Compact design for maximum installation flexibility
- Extends the distance between the measuring point and the 9900 Transmitter to 120 m (400 ft)
- Digital (S3L) interface or two-wire 4 to 20mA output
- EasyCal with automatic test solution recognition
- For use with ALL Signet conductivity electrodes